Saturday, April 2, 2022

Consistent Branding... How?

Consistent Branding

This week, my Media Studies teacher (shoutout TSTOK) gave us a lesson to guide us in writing our critical reflection. During her presentation, she mentioned that students tend to have difficulty with maintaining a "consistent brand."

She made sure to urge us that this is not out of us being complete utter failures, but rather because creating a consistent brand takes a lot of skill. There's people literally employed to do this.

However, I feel as though I should really focus on this more from now on. I've got my technicalities sorted out regarding filming and editing, so I think it is time to reevaluate what my brand is and how I will present it.


"Under Construction" is the story of a teenage girl following a sexual assault, and depicts the inconsistencies within the healing process. We see her "highs" through her experience with Elijah, and other highs and impulsive behavior are implied through her use of alcohol. Her lows are depicted through her interactions with her therapist and her breakdowns. At the end of the piece, Lola struggles to understand the proper step to take to move forward in recovery, as she feels trapped in the cycle of highs and lows.

My brand aims to normalize the difficulty of the healing process, and to depict the various emotions associated with recovery. I want to make sure my brand remains consistent, so I'm going to plan out how I will depict my brand's identity through each part of of the project.

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BTemplates.com

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

I'll Miss You

"Under Construction" Components Video: Social Media: https://www.instagram.com/underconstructionfilm/ Postcard Front:  Postcard Back: