Sunday, April 10, 2022

Snip, Snip

 Snip, Snip

Editing has been great so far. Well, minus my hard drive port breaking yesterday and my hard drive malfunctioning today. Other than that stuff, editing has been going swell.

Using my script and storyboard, I line-edited my piece. Sequencing everything together was relatively easy, but I had so many gigabytes of footage to work with that the video thumbnails were barely loading, which slowed down the process.

When I finished line-editing, I saw exactly what I was expecting.

Way over five minutes.

Like, by double.


"Under Construction" in its entirety ended up being over 10 minutes long, but luckily for me, many of my scenes were total fluff.

Here are some scenes I chopped for the rough cut (though I will provide the full cut if you'd like to watch that one!):

-Bike riding scene

-Police questioning scene

-KJ and Lola's interaction

-Most of Elijah and Lola's montage


With these scenes cut, the film is now approximately 8 minutes long, with some extra time left for the end credits. I do strongly prefer the full-length version, especially because of Ryan's hilarious acting, but I am also proud of the shortened version.


Before I get into color correcting and grading, here's a cute photo of my current timeline:




Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BTemplates.com

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

I'll Miss You

"Under Construction" Components Video: Social Media: https://www.instagram.com/underconstructionfilm/ Postcard Front:  Postcard Back: