Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Creating the Poster

 Creating the Poster

Hey guys! This morning I decided to put on some true crime documentaries and work on my movie poster. 

I knew that for one of my poster's (the YouTube thumbnail), I wanted to have a dark background that contrasted with the character, as I am building a motif of juxtaposing light and darkness. So, I started off with a simple black layer.

To get the right shade of black, I used the eyedrop tool to capture the darkness of the stills I was using.


Next, I opened up separate tabs on photoshop and cut out three stills of Lola. When filming, I made sure to get various perspectives, so I chose shots that would allow for these multiple photos to face away from one another. 


For the font, I initially chose a font perfectly titled "Under Construction" from dafont.com, but I felt as if this took away from the serious topic of the piece. I decided to go with a plain font and utilize a white-to-gray gradient to continue the motif of light and dark intertwining. 

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BTemplates.com

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

I'll Miss You

"Under Construction" Components Video: Social Media: https://www.instagram.com/underconstructionfilm/ Postcard Front:  Postcard Back: