Thursday, March 31, 2022

Let's Talk... SYNERGY!

 Synergy

Last week, I mentioned for a brief moment that a possible collaboration was brewing between "Under Construction" and an organization.

Well... we've got a green light, so I can finally tell you guys about it!


Last year, I learned about a new student-led organization in my school named "Survivors Speak Up," which aims to provide an outlet for survivors to heal and learn to speak up on the issue of sexual assault. Their Instagram page is very similar to mine in terms of focus, and their overall message supports my film greatly. Lola is a character who struggles with speaking up throughout the piece, and she is meant to portray the lows in the recovery process. This aligns well with Survivors Speak Up's teachings on the inconsistencies within healing.

Take a look at one post from Survivors Speak Up's Instagram, and one from Under Construction's.




To help support Survivors Speak Up and Under Construction, I have set up two interviews with the founders of the organization. I plan on editing these interviews fully to help advertise the organization, and I will put snippets in my own Instagram.

Here are some questions I have thought of for the interviews so far:

1. Why do many survivors struggle to speak up?
2. Does recovery come in waves? Are these waves similar for everyone?
3. What can the "high highs" and "low lows" of healing look like?
4. How can we motivate others to speak up during these difficult moments?
5. How can you support a friend or family member that is struggling in the healing process?

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BTemplates.com

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

I'll Miss You

"Under Construction" Components Video: Social Media: https://www.instagram.com/underconstructionfilm/ Postcard Front:  Postcard Back: