Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Gathering Equipment

 Gathering Equipment

As I am nearing the finalization of my script, I am getting ready for the hard part: production. Luckily, I already have a list of equipment in mind, as I planned most of my script around what I have available.


CAMERA

The camera I will be working with for this project is my personal (also known as my child, cherished possession, light of my life, etc...). Last year, I saved up money to purchase a Sony A7III, which I am now very comfortable with. Knowing my camera will definitely speed up the production process, which is a big factor into my decision to use this piece of equipment. Also, the Sony is capable of shooting extreme slow motion shots that may be beneficial for certain dramatic scenes, and works very well in low-light situations that I want to include in my film.

TRIPOD

I have a couple of tripods to choose from for production. I have my own to use in emergency situations, but it is old and difficult to work with, as it has a tendency to tilt forward when not being held in place. When I am ready to begin filming, I will likely borrow a tripod from my teacher or my school's television equipment rental.

AUDIO

Dialogue is especially important for the success of my piece. I have some lower-quality microphones (that I purchased for literally 5 dollars, no wonder they hardly work), but I am afraid that these will be too unreliable during production. Luckily, I have rented from the owner of television station "BECON TV" before, as they rent equipment to student filmmakers for free. In the past, I have used their Sony XLR Hotshoe 2-Channel Adapter to record audio, and it worked like a charm. It is a very small device that connects directly to my camera, and does not require batteries as it utilizes the charge from the Sony. The controls are easy to maneuver, and the portability is a great plus.


LIGHTING

For any party scenes or moments that highlight escapism using alcohol, I plan on using a 3-point GVM light-kit from BECON TV. I have used these lights before for previous projects, and they are the best thing to ever be created, ever. The lights can be connected via Bluetooth to the GVM app, where I can choose the color I'd like the lights to be, down to the specific hex code. There is also a section of the app labeled "scenes," where some presets change colors to fit certain moods. For example, there is a "disco" setting that could work for party scenes, or a "candle light" for dramatic moments in the therapist's office. I also have an idea for a short flashback scene where the protagonist sits on the ground as police lights reflect against their face, and these lights also just so happen to have a "police lights" option. What a coincidence. 



Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BTemplates.com

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

I'll Miss You

"Under Construction" Components Video: Social Media: https://www.instagram.com/underconstructionfilm/ Postcard Front:  Postcard Back: