Monday, March 21, 2022

Filming the First Scene

 Filming the First Scene

Hey everyone. After a long, and I mean LONG day of filming, I have finally returned to the comfort of my bed, and I get to tell you all about it.

This morning, I worked on my friends Isa and Kim's documentary project. We did a long sit-down interview followed by hours of filming b-roll. I'm really excited to see how their project turns out.

After, I met with Virginia to prepare for the caution tape scene. I wanted this scene to be dark with a spotlight on her, so we set up three lights around her. We used a fill and a key light to illuminate her, and a back light to separate her from her body.


We took some shots of Lola from all directions to allow for easy match cuts between scenes and some variety. During editing, constantly switching between these shots from multiple angles may emphasize the character's derangement. 


Next came the fun part: the tape.

We loosely covered Virginia in caution tape and took some close-ups. As Isa managed the camera, I slowly raised the brightness of the "police lights" setting on my light kit via the GVM app. This created the illusion of a police car getting closer.


Applying the caution tape loosely around Virginia allowed us to create the illusion of it being "alive." Off-screen, I pulled on the tape, which created tension against her skin and made it appear as if it was crawling up her arms and neck.

For safety reasons, Virginia signaled to Isa and I when the tape was becoming too tight.

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BTemplates.com

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

I'll Miss You

"Under Construction" Components Video: Social Media: https://www.instagram.com/underconstructionfilm/ Postcard Front:  Postcard Back: