Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Editing

Now for the Painful Part: Editing

Hey guys! Today I decided to start working on the line edit of "Under Construction" as I wait for my actors' availability to open up to continue filming. I specifically put together the "bathroom breakdown" scene followed by the fast-paced montage.

But Sabrina, isn't it dangerous to edit the climax of your film without knowing how the rest will turn out?

Well... yes. But let me have some fun, okay?

I'm not too worried about inconsistency within my film as my entire piece is about inconsistent emotions, and I'm willing to allow the film's editing to depict that, even if it absolutely pains me. Juxtaposing slower and faster-paced scenes is something I have worked on before, but never to this degree, so this is a little out of comfort zone. 

Despite this, the line edit is turning out great. I followed the guide I made for myself last week and luckily there were no continuity errors!!!! Sound the alarm!


I also organized about 70 templates for color grading that I will be choosing between once the final line edit is complete. Color grading is one of my favorite parts of editing so I'm just trying to speed things up so I can focus on that (because heaven knows color grading takes forever).

Share:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

BTemplates.com

Search This Blog

Powered by Blogger.

I'll Miss You

"Under Construction" Components Video: Social Media: https://www.instagram.com/underconstructionfilm/ Postcard Front:  Postcard Back: